A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and appears to be a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is because of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the coil is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is really a compressive list of Chaga mushroom proven health and fitness benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound in the Chaga mushroom posseses an essential role in prevention and handling of cancer, based on research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells as well as the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy in the immune system in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergies by improving the body to recognise its cells better; thus it cannot combat against its cells. In the event reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in decrease in defense mechanisms hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from an extreme allergic attack. Such reaction can cause cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the immunity mechanism when necessary and lower it when it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts are effective against viruses as they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and prevent Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in lessening infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary element of fighting bacterial infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is vital to fight the bacteria that could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation of the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Note that, low antioxidant levels can result in inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that be a part of inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest quantity of antioxidant potency when compared with any other food. The top quantities of antioxidants are due to our prime level of polyphenols within the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, our prime amounts of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive effects of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, decrease the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – One of the reasons for ulcers is bacteria. Becoming a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers inside the digestive tract reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are crucial in lessening inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cupful of Chaga tea or even a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder thirty minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration within the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the whole process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles as well as the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly result in diseases including cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the hazards of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing bloodstream during times of irritation. Such property is important in the event of pain or conditions such as neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose levels level by increasing insulin levels inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. Among the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance results in accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the potential risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts slow down that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus reducing the surges in blood sugar levels, which will otherwise result in diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure levels and cholesterol – Betulinic acid can breakdown the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol within the liver. By reducing bad cholesterol from bloodstream, in addition to eliminating clots through the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a proper blood pressure levels.
11. Skin health – The massive quantities of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, make it an outstanding skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is a part of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin provides the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, improves the skin’s health, which makes it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it to the skin is useful.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is a superb supply of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times per day, 30 minutes before a meal decbbe required for a wholesome gastrointestinal system.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it for any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can protect the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sense of stress – Chaga extracts are necessary in balancing hormones in the body. In the case of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are accountable for the sense of stress and fatigue. A balance of the hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to cope with stress. As a well known adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, assist to stabilise, restore and protect your body. It does so by improving the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance from the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the level of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Improving the amounts of acetylcholine enhances the cognitive performance of the individual.