In this Case Study article we are going to discuss different aspects of Backlinks like its definition, importance, types and ways to build them so, let’s start from backlink itself.
Backlinks- In one sentence ‘Backlinks’ are defined as incoming links to our blog (website) or webpage off their websites or blogs. When someone read your article and if he liked the same and produced content associated with the same topic on the blog, they links back that content in your webpage, that’s known as a backlink. Still confused, let’s take a good example suppose Mr. A writes a post within his blog about Backlinks, When Mr. B undergoes that article, founds good and publishes a content linked to Backlinks on his very own blog, giving the web link of Mr. a post.
Let’s describe the importance of Backlinks.
* Faster indexing- Faster indexing regarded as the most significant element of Backlinks. As as a result of them Google along with other major search engine listings indexes even a more modern blog or pages or post at a much faster rate as when Backlinks from high PR (page rank) site which can be crawled frequently involves your site, which in turn increases crawling of search engine bots within your site causing faster indexing.
* Search Engine Rankings- Another essential aspect of Backlinks are they boost your site search engine’s ranking. Should you build or have more number of quality backlinks, definitely your site’s search engine ranking positions gonna be improved as online search engine judge a site rankings on number of quality backlinks. If you have more number of links, search engine show your site on their top pages. Which is again very important for driving traffic from search result’s since we all know that a lot of the traffic which our blog receives originates from search engines.
* Page Rank- Not just search engine ranking positions, Backlink also effect Page rank directly, When you build Backlinks from high PR sites, you can definitely see an up rank within your next update so we also know how important is page rank regarding SEO. Higher Page rank let’s you ranked high among the competition who have lower Page rankings, which enrich your web site with additional traffic than the others.
* We all know that Backlinks are very important a part of SEO (seo). Now next we have to pay attention to best Backlinks building methods or how to build Backlinks? If you Google for Backlink building, you can find thousands of automated Backlink building tools which guarantees to offer your blog with Backlinks up to you would like in a single click. Some of these automated tools are free of charge and a few are paid which offers you backlinks from high PR sites. Sites which provides free backlinks from poor sites decreases your rankings, hence decreases your website performance. Different Paid sites that provide backlinks are detected and penalized by Google after their different updates.
So, from your upper paragraph we got to the conclusion that people must always try to get some quality backlinks rather than enormous low quality backlinks and keep ourselves in play safe mode. The question arises that what actually an excellent backlink is?
Quality Backlinks- A top quality backlink is identified as a backlink which comes coming from a site which has content related to your site rather than a link which comes from the site that is not associated with you. Quality backlink originates from site’s which utilizes keywords or sites of same theme. Suppose, site A receives a backlink from a site using same keywords or on same theme such as blogging, SEO, Earn money online etc, this link is considered quality Backlink as opposed to it gets a link from a car website. Google gives high importance towards the link which will come from blogging site and provides less relevance for the link which will come from Automobile site. Google gives high importance to quality links which will come from High PR sites. It considers.gov and.edu as many important I do hope you understand what I mean to express.
Now let’s see exactly what are different types of backlinks? You can find basically two different types of backlinks the first is “dofollow” and the other is “nofollow”.
(1) Dofollow Backlinks- Dofollow backlinks are those backlinks which can be accompanied by online search engine crawlers once they crawl your site. Or we can say when online search engine crawlers enters your page, they crawl your entire blog including links, pictures everything, when they crawl a “dofollow” link they, lands at that page. Suppose I link back to you, when crawlers crawl that link they lands at your page, that helps in indexing your web site faster. It offers you traffic as well as help in boosting your Page rank.
(2) Nofollow Backlinks- Nofollow backlinks are the ones backlinks which contains a “nofollow” tag. When search engine crawlers crawl this, they simply ignore it. You can see different website source by right clicking and selecting ‘view source’, then use ctrl f to locate rel=”nofollow”. You will notice many links with this tag, these links are nofollow links. These links also gives you good traffic however, not good for Pagerank.
Note: You are encouraged to build dofollow links and tag poor links within your site using a “nofollow” tag.
Now let’s discuss Best and simplest ways to develop quality backinks:-
(1) Social media marketing- Social media marketing and bookmarking site’s are definitely the always provides us with quality backlinks. Facebook and twitter are usually proved pretty much as good for backlinks building. Just design your fan page there and commence posting links.
(2) Guest posting- Guest posting is usually discussed since the best white hat technique for building backlinks. Just head to different sites or blogs that provides ‘Guest post’. Write to them which in turn provide you with quality backlinks and traffic.
(3) Blog Commenting- Blog commenting is the simplest way to get good amount of quality backlinks. Just post comments with your links (key phrases) in blogs linked to your niche. Definitely they offer ohlnvy with good backlinks.
(4) Site submission to blog directories- Submit your blog to different blog directories such as Blogcatalog and Technorati. I also received good backlinks from their website.
(5) Forum signature linking- Participate in different forums linked to your niche. Many forums uses signature linking, just post your URL in signature linking field and it’s done. (Only top quality forums)
(6) Yahoo answers- Yahoo answers is an additional way getting good backlinks, answers question related to your niche citing your blog URL.
(7) RSS directories- Submit your feed to several RSS directories.
(8) Article Submission- Submit your article to different article site including ezinearticles.
Should you be following these methods, definitely you will build some really good quality back links.